Another Nigella delicious recipe I suggest replacing the chicken thighs with with 4 breast pieces and just cut them into three, but give it a go, and serve with lots of egg noodle pasta covered in butter (skip the dill also)…
- 2 x 15ml tablespoons garlic oil
- 150g bacon lardons
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 bay leaves
- 300g oyster mushrooms, torn into strips
- 1 x 75cl bottle Riesling double cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill to serve
- Heat the oil in a casserole or large, wide pan and fry the lardons until crisp.
- Add the sliced leek and soften it with the lardons for a minute or so.
- Cut chicken thighs into 2 or 3 pieces each, tip them into the pan with the bay leaves, torn mushrooms and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for 30-40 minutes, stirring in the double cream for the last couple of minutes if you want. Like all stews, this tastes its mellowest best if you let it get cold and then reheat the next day. But it’s no hardship to eat straight off. Whichever, serve sprinkled with dill and together with some buttered noodles.